Friday, August 21, 2009

Somebody

Daddy.
Oh, Daddy.
Please be there, Daddy.

I am sore to the bone.

My heart warms me
Like some cold,
Granite gray tombstone
Buried beneath
My bulging breast.

I am dead to my friends.
They would not know me
Even if we passed on the street.

No one comes to visit.

I am a lost child
To my family.

I am so lost
In the cold and
Darkness of this misery.

Marriage smells of prison
And rips me open
To spew venom and
Bile upon my most private
And precious parts.

I forever exist within
A cloud of stench.

The smell of urine haunts me
Worse than death itself.

I now know
That I am
The Mother of Death
For I have birthed
It’s remains.

What once lived within me
Has turned into a horror.

I alone turned a life
Into some stone-cold,
Hideous resemblance
Of a man-child.

What once moved and kicked
And wiggled within my womb,
Now cries and screams
It’s agonies
Into the deathly silence
That now smothers me.

Daddy, I cannot endure
This pain alone.

Please, somebody
Help me.

By John E Spriggs
August 29, 2007

1 comment:

Unknown said...

....... svl - Digesting!!!